- "Company" will have the meaning defined therefore in the preface.
- "Site" will have the meaning defined therefore in the preface.
- "Services" refers to services provided by the Company through the Site.
- "Users" refers to all individuals who use the Site.
- "Music Content and Related Information" is all audio files, all image data from album jackets, sleeves, labels and the like, all image data from artist profiles, all image data from labels and logos and the like, all image data for other promotional purposes, all text information, comments, metadata, articles, information and the like uploaded by Users.
- "Artist Users" refers to Users who are artists, music labels or other individuals or organizations who engage in music activities who use the Site to upload Music Content and Related Information to the Site.
- "Purchasing Users" refers Users who use the Services for the purpose of purchasing products such as records, digital contents, and other merchandise (hereinafter referred to simply as "Products") from Artist Users.
- "Record Press Services" refers to ordering and delivery services, provided by the Company to the Artist Users, for records to be produced based on funding projects.
- "Personal Information" means information that can identify customers individually or information specific to individual customers, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and the like received from customers through the Services operated and managed by the Company.
2 Purpose of Use
The Company will use Personal Information, collected when Users use the Services, for the following purposes.
- For registering and managing accounts pertaining to the provision of the Services
- For delivering Products purchased by Purchasing Users to the addresses of or locations designated by Purchasing Users in conjunction with the Services managed by the Company
- For delivering Products ordered by Artist Users to the addresses of or locations designated by Artist Users in conjunction with the Services managed by the Company
- For settling payments for and deliveries of Products purchased by Purchasing Users
- For settling payments for Products the Company orders for Artist Users
- For the comprehensive services of sending, transmitting, etc. solicitations, advertisements and promotional materials for the services provided by the Company.
- For follow-up services and for responding to inquiries, complaints and the like related to the Services.
- For promoting increased use of the Services by creating statistical data from Users' usage patterns and the like and then providing the data to the Users (where data is processed so that individuals cannot be identified when the data is created)
- For maintaining and responding to trouble with the systems of the Services
- For making improvements to and developing new systems for the Service based on information obtained from Users.
- For other purposes as set forth separately in the Services.
3 Limits of Use
The Company will, with the exception of the cases listed below, use Personal Information, collected when Users use the Services, to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use described above.
- Except when treated as an exception according to laws and regulations, etc.
- When use is necessary to protect life, limb or property and consent cannot easily be obtained from the individual concerned.
- When it is particularly necessary to promote improvements in public health and the healthy development of children, and consent cannot easily be obtained from the individual concerned.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with national institutions or other public organizations or individuals appointed thereby who are carrying out business as set forth in laws and regulations, where obtaining the consent of the individual concerned would create the risk of interfering with the performance of said business.
It is noted that the Company owns Users' Personal Information in conjunction with the provision of the business operations and services of the Company, and the Company will establish a management structure and maintain internal standards for personal information protection in order to prevent the risk of the outflow or external hacking (unauthorized access) of Personal Information, or the loss, destruction, falsification or leakage of Personal Information by appropriately and safely collecting, using, providing and managing Personal Information in accordance with laws and regulations.
5 Consigning Management
The company may consign the handling of collected Personal Information in the types of cases listed below. In such cases, the Company will enter into the required contract with the consignees, and will, within reason, provide needed supervision so that the consignee manages Personal Information in an appropriate manner.
- In cases where individual Personal Information is accumulated or analyzed and processed in a format in which individuals cannot be identified, for the purpose of providing statistical information to Users, and said statistical data is then disclosed.
- In cases where the Personal Information of Users who use for-fee services is deposited with payment system companies, credit companies or banks, who are the Company's subcontractors, for the purpose of charging payments for the purchase of Products and usage fees for the various services associated with the Services.
6 Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
As a matter of principle, the Company will not provide Personal Information of Users to third parties without Users' consent. However, this does not apply in the following cases and, in the event of (1) and (2), Artist Users and Purchasing Users are considered to have consented to the provision of Personal Information to individuals set forth in the same provisions.
- In cases where Personal Information is provided to Artist Users in order to send Products to Purchasing Users, or to provide marketing information and follow-up service to Purchasing Users within the scope of the Services when Purchasing Users purchase Products from Users who use the Services as an artist or a music label.
- In cases where the Company provides Personal Information of Artist Users to record production companies or shipping companies, who are vendors, in order to produce and send Products to Artist Users when Artist Users use Record Press Services to place Product orders.
- In cases where disclosure or provision is sanctioned by laws and regulations.
7 Disclosure of Personal Information
The company will disclose Personal Information in cases where Users request their own Personal Information be disclosed.
- Acceptance Procedure
- Point of Contact
- Confirmation of Identity of Applicant or Agent Thereof
- Fees, etc.
- Other Details
Send applications to the following point of contact by post or email.
2F Maeda Building, 5-67-2 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0053, Japan
Tokyo Digital Music Syndicates, Inc.
To: Qrates Management
Email address： email@example.com
In the event the application is from the User him or herself, the User is requested to confirm his or her identity by allowing us to verify a document such as a driver's license, health insurance card, passport, a certificate of registered seal and the like (limited, however to documents which are currently valid or which have been issued within the past three months), and the User’s Site registration information including name, address and telephone number. In the event the application is from an agent of the User, said agent is requested to confirm that status by allowing us to verify a written power of attorney bearing the seal of the User, and the certificate of registered seal for the seal used on that power of attorney.
Users are not required to pay fees to the Company relative to requests for disclosure. However, fees for communications addressed to the Company and fees (including for transportation, etc.) pursuant to the preparation of the documents for identifying individuals as set forth above, are to be borne by the user.
Responses will be provided through the delivery of documents and by other methods.
For further details, please inquire with the Company.
In the following cases, no or only partial disclosure may be provided.
- In cases where there is a risk that harm will come to life, limb, property or other rights of the User him or herself or to a third party.
- In cases where providing disclosure would significantly obstruct the Company's ability to conduct business
- In cases where disclosure violates laws and regulations
8 Corrections or Deletions etc. of Personal Information
In cases where Users request corrections or additions to or deletions, etc. of their own Personal Information, the Company, after confirming the identity of the User and the accuracy of the corrections, etc., will, without delay, conduct the necessary research and respond appropriately. Furthermore, when a User has followed the procedure for discontinuing use of or provision of Personal Information to consignees, the Company will discontinue such provision.
Moreover, when procedures to correct, add or delete the Personal Information of the User and to discontinue use, etc. have been completed, the Company will convey the details thereof to the Users without delay.
9 Handling of Personal Information, etc.
When Purchasing Users use the Services and purchase Products, the Company will provide Personal Information to Artist Users to the extent necessary for those transactions. Personal Information provided in this way will be managed by Artist Users. Please note that while the Company puts Artist Users under agreement to comply with Personal Information protection methods and related laws and regulations, and to handle Personal Information in a manner that takes these into consideration, it does not guarantee that Artist Users will so comply.
The Company bears no responsibility for the acquisition of Personal Information by third parties in the following cases.
- In cases where Users exposed their own Personal Information to third parties using the functions of the Services or by other means.
- In cases where it is possible to identify Users by the information, etc. they themselves entered while using the Services.
12 Point of Contact
Users having questions, opinions or complaints for the Company with regard to Personal Information are requested to contact the point of contact listed below.
Tokyo Digital Music Syndicates, Inc.
Tel/Fax：03-6804-8241 / 03-6804-8242
Mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org